Don’t let the world change you.
Sure I might not have met you yet, but already I’d like to thank you for not caring about my looks but rather my heart and the insides of me rather than the outsides. I already love you for that. I pray that God molds me into the woman He’s called me to be and that when you find me the gifts of the Spirit and godly attributes shine brighter and glow more than the bronze skin I have. I can wait for the one day God allows our paths to cross, and we stumble upon each other, because right now I’m sure neither of us are prepared to meet.
Call me lame or pathetic. But I find myself borderline tears everytime I do something that involves being alone or not including my family.
I thought I would be okay with this. I knew it’d be difficult, but I didn’t exactly realize how difficult.
I don’t know how people can live life without Jesus.
I’m so thankful I can be weak enough, so He can show up in my life and show how strong He is.
Words cannot describe how much this boy means to me. I am truly blessed to have a boy like him whom I can call brother and best friend in my life.
Today is his birthday and I’d like to let you all know how amazing this kid is by expressing it in words.
Beeteedubs! Go follow him on tumblr! :) patrickglenn.tumblr.com
19 Facts About Patricio.
1. He listens.
2. When him and I harmonize we sound amazing.
3. He is a fun to hang with, we always manage to have a fantastic time.
4. He’s the coolest white brother any mexican gal can have.
5. He will be there for you.
6. He changes cars like a person changes underwear, my mom’s words. And it’s true. :)
7. One of the best photographers I know. Hands down. And not enough people praise him for it.
8. We’ve been best friends since sophmore year and even though we’ve had our ups and downs in our friendship, he’s always stuck around.
9. He is one of the best junior high leaders.
10. An amazing role model to young boys, and children love him.
12. Loves to talk and is excellent at it.
13. Doesn’t realize how much he is loved, not only by his mexican sister but by soo many people.
14. Is one of the top reasons as to why I wouldn’t move from Boise.
15. Could definitely be a model.
16. Is a chick and even guy magnet. Its true. And he embraces it.
17. Is superbly creative.
18. I can truly be myself around Patrick and not feel awkward about it. And even if it is, we embrace it. haha. :)
19. I’m so thankful I have him in my life. He’s helped me get through many things. Even though there have been times when we have hated each others guts, we somehow manage to look past all of that and realize that we are sincerely irreplaceable in each others lives.
Love you brother! I’m extremely grateful you were born! You’re amazing! Don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise, nor ever underestimate you’re awesomeness and the gifts God has given to you. :)
Your Sis. Rachel.
My mother had decided that she wanted me to join her, my grandfather, and brother to dinner before they headed out to California.
I drove and my brother rode with me. As we’re driving we talk about him and his departure. And I say to him “Isai, good luck.” He replies “Sarai, I don’t need luck, I just need your prayers.”
By this point I’m already crying and thinking who is this kid? Where is all of this wisdom coming from??
I have no idea where he’s getting all of this from. But one thing I’m certain of is that so much wisdom has been imparted into his life and he’s grabbed ahold of it.
I can’t wait to see the man of God he becomes.
I was helping my mom move a giant headboard when I had to lift it up and carry it, (something my brother couldn’t accomplish) and he says to me “Wow, you’re so much stronger than me.” “Not for long.” I replied. Thinking how the next time I’d see him he’d be taller and most definitely stronger than I. He then says the sweetest thing I think any brother could ever say to his sister.
“Well, any man would be lucky enough to marry a girl as strong physically, emotionally, and spiritually as you.”
Cue the tears.
I was able to muster up a thank you.
Yes I almost started crying.
I’m sincerely going to miss this kiddo so much.